There are 3 bills that need to be defeated and it is coming down to the line on these bills. They are:
1. Dream Act
2. The Obama Tax Compromise
3. The Omnibus Spending Bill
We are loading this email down with information for you, which you can read below. But, for those who prefer brevity and for us to cut to the chase, here is is what you need to do.
The sad fact of the matter is that the phone calls and faxes alone are not working. We need more action and we need it now! If you are truly committed to our core values and you truly do not want to see even more out of control spending in DC, we need you to sacrifice more of your time. So, continue making phone calls, get your friends and neighbors involved, and then do as many of the following as you possibly can.
So, here is what is needed the very most:
1. Go to your Congressman's local district office. Tell them in person that you do not want these bills to pass. Leave a note, hand write it on the back of your Christmas shopping list if you have to, to tell them you are serious about not passing these bills.
2. Now, go to both of your Senators' local district offices. Again, tell the staff at each office that you do not want these bills to pass. Leave a note at each of these offices.
3. Go online to your local newspaper's website. Find the articles about these bills and leave your comments about why your Congressman and Senators (use their names) should not vote for these bills. As unbelievable as it may seem, their staff gives this as much if not more credence than your personal phone calls and office visits. (Go figure!!)
4. Stage an impromptu protest. If you have the time to stay at one of the district offices and protest with signs do so. If someone honks in favor of what you are doing, wave them into the parking lot. Call the media and let them know what you are doing and why. Be sure to list this as an event on TPP's site so others will be able to find it. Sign into our website and then goto: https://teapartypatriots.org/Members/TeaPartyCreate.aspx to add the event.
For those who are unfamiliar with those of us who were at the first round of nationwide tea parties on February 27, 2009, many (if not most) of us thought we'd be the only ones out there making our voices heard. Instead there were 35,000 people across the country. It took a handful to begin planing and it spread like wildfire. That handful of people took a leap of faith to know that what we were doing we believed enough in doing even if it meant we were out there alone.
If you have never done this before, we will have a TPP Support Team Member or TPP State Coordinator help you through the process. Email us at email@example.com with the words I'll Stage a Protest Need Help in Subject line and we will get someone back to you as quickly as we can.
If you cannot go to one of these offices because of your work schedule or you are simply unable to drive, we understand. At the very least do the following and encourage everyone you know to do the following as well:
1. Call both of your Senators and tell them to vote NO on these bills. Tell them to support filibustering the bills to prevent them from a final floor vote.
2. Call your US House of Representative and tell them to vote NO on these bills. Tell them the elections were a mandate for fiscal responsibility and a yes vote on these bills is a yes vote for fiscal irresponsibility.
3. Call Sen. Mitch McConnell and Speaker Designate John Boehner and tell them to have their caucuses vote no. Remind Speaker Elect Boehner that he ignored the will of the tea party when he appointed the "House Leadership" so now we hold him accountable for all of the upcoming votes.
5. Change your facebook status and ask all of your virtual tea party to do what you have done.
Once you have done these things, please let TPP know that you have. We need to have an idea of how many calls, office visits, protests, and newspaper posts are being made so that we can report it to the national media when asked. You can use this form to report back to us.
PORK FILLED OMNIBUS BILL
It has become clear that the current Senate leadership and some Senate Republicans may be hearing impaired. They completely ignored the results of the November 2nd election by creating a pork fest with the Omnibus spending bill. It is very important that you call your Senator and ask them to oppose this Omnibus bill. The contact information is listed in a link below.
The Republican leadership is very strongly opposing this bill, but some Republicans are leaning toward supporting this bill and have even added earmarks to the bill. Please call Sen. McConnell and thank him for opposing this bill and encourage him to continue. I have listed the Republicans that are leaning toward supporting this bill below. If you are in their state, please call or visit their local offices and ask them to oppose the bill.
Republicans leaning toward supporting the Omnibus pork fest as reported by several news outlets: (Remind these Republicans the omnibus includes $1.25 billion to start implementing Obamacare and that if they voted against Obamacare, they cannot in good faith vote for the omnibus)
Sen. John McCain has indentified over 6,488 earmarks worth 8 billion dollars in the Omnibus bill. According to FoxNews,
"Sen. John McCaintweeted the top 10 earmarks in the spending bill, including $247,000 for virus free wine grapes in Washington State, $413,000 for peanut research inAlabama, $235,000 for noxious weed management in Nevada and $400,000 for solar parking canopies and plug-in electric stations in Kansas.
McCain expressed disbelief about the projects.
"Are we tone deaf? Are we stricken with amnesia?" he said, adding that voters made it clear in last month's midterm elections that they're tired of business as usual in Washington."
If these things are not enough to tell how bad the bill is, realize this: the FDA power grab bill is inserted into the omnibus bill. That bill didn't pass before and needs to stand on its own. Again, those GOPers that voted against the FDA bill cannot in good faith vote for the spending bill.
Senators Tom Coburn and Jim DeMint are expected to make the Clerk of the Senate read the 1,924 page bill before a vote is taken. Please call and thank them and encourage them to do so.
If you are in one of these states, please make sure you let these Democrat Senators know we appreciate that they are leaning to a no vote and ask them to hold firm:
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Evan Bayh (IN)
Russ Feingold (WI)
Dream Act Details
We are working with different groups to help defeat the "Dream Act". Chad MacDonald, with "Immigration Action Report", has been providing us with daily, and sometimes hourly, updates on the "Dream Act". The Senate will vote on the House version of the "Dream Act" either this weekend or early next week. Please make calls to the targeted Senators, even if you don't live in their state.
Update from Chad:
GOP Confirmed Today
Graham will vote NO on the DREAM Act. He is with us on this one.
Scott Brown is a NO, he says the DREAM ACT is a backdoor amnesty.
Kirk is a NO. Good with us.
We are counting that Lugar will vote YES, he will cross the GOP because he is a sponsor of the DREAM Act bill.
Democrats Leaning toward No
Ben Nelson will vote NO on the DREAM Act and anything that does not improve the economy, create jobs, or reduce debt.
Pryor from Arkansas is a NO on the DREAM Act as well. He is with us.
Baucus is leaning NO. He needs to hear from people in Montana only. He's not listening to out-of-state from either side.
We are hoping Manchin will vote NO, will be a major vote for him, and he is just getting settled.
Here is the deal, they need to get to 60 and they are not there yet. We need all 42 GOP to stick together and hold a handful of Democrats to beat this thing. All fire power needs to be focused on the swing vote Republicans!
·Do not let Congress compromise with President Obama. "The Compromise" is against everything the House Republican Leadership agreed to in the "Pledge to America." This type of behind closed door politics is not what "We the People" voted for in November.
·"The Deal" was forged in secret, without consultation with the scores of new representatives and senators who campaigned on a much different agenda.
·"The Deal" like Obamacare, isn't reduced to writing even now. Like Obamacare, we are being told we will have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.
·"The Deal" revives the death tax, an immoral "vampire tax" that sucks the blood from the dead, ruins family businesses and double taxes savings that were accumulated over a lifetime.
·"The Deal" spends billions and billions of dollars that the country does not have in order to prevent a tax hike that the country voted against...the GOP bribed the president to follow the will of the people.
·There are at least five provisions of the Pledge that are violated by "The Deal."
Tea Party Patriots, Inc. operates as a social welfare organization organized under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Tea Party Patriots, Inc. are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.